Terms and Conditions
Website Terms and Conditions
Tree Surfers is a trading name for Tamar Adventures Ltd . The term Tree Surfers or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office Woodlands, Gulworthy, Tavistock, Devon, PL19 8JE. Our company registration number is 7780381. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- If you do allow cookies to be used, the following personal information may be collected and may include:
- Any personal details you knowingly provide us through forms and our email, such as name, address, telephone number etc.
- Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you.
- Your IP Address, this is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the Website. This information is used to monitor your usage of the Website.
- These functions include sending emails, analysing data, and providing marketing assistance. These companies only have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, and may not use it for other purposes.
- We do not provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Intellectual property rights
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and images. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions of Booking for general public
A booking is only confirmed when payment is made in full, either online or by card in person or via the telephone.
It is the responsibility of the individual to make sure they have booked the correct activity, date and time.
It is the responsibility of the individual to ensure they have met the height and weight restrictions.
Cancellations by the Company:
Whilst every attempt is made to ensure that the activities are available, the company will notify the individual of a cancellation as soon as practicable where it believes on reasonable grounds that cancellation is necessary due to dangerous and/or unsuitable conditions for the activity. individuals will be entitled to a full refund in the event of the company cancelling the activity, but will not be entitled to any compensation.
Cancellations by the Individual:
A full refund will be given to an individual if the cancellation is made by email or by post with 48 hours notice before the activity date. Refunds will not be given if cancellation is made within 48 hours of the activity date and time.
Terms and Conditions of Participation in Activity
On arrival all participants over 18 years old must read and sign to acknowledge they have read and understood the following. For all participants under the age of 18 and adult (over 18) must read and sign on their behalf.
Acknowledgment of Risk and Terms of Booking
All participants must read the paragraphs below:
I understand that the activities at Tree Surfers, including the Ropes Courses, Leap of Faith, Big Zip, Archery, Mountain Biking may be physically, mentally, and emotionally challenging. I accept that there are inherent risks associated with all these activities.
I understand the following:
- The environment that the activities take place is a wild one which has natural hazards and risks.
- I accept that I need to take responsibility for myself and others whilst on the activity and walking around the site.
- I must at all times follow the safety instructions and ensure that the safety systems are being used correctly.
- If I do not adhere to the instructions given by the Tree Surfers Instructors, there is a risk of a fall from the course, and this could be fatal.
- If I do not understand the instructions or I become confused about the instructions, I will ask for help from an instructor.
- For safety reasons the maximum weight limit for the Ropes Course is 18 stone (115kgs).
- For personal safety you cannot take part in activities when wearing jewellery, such as rings, necklaces, earrings, and metal bracelets, but if you cannot remove rings, they can be taped.
- You are also asked not to take part in activities when wearing artificial nails, but should you wish to continue, you do so at your own risk.
- Ultimately my suitability to participate in any of the activities will be determined by the Instructors.
I declare the following:
- That to the best of my knowledge I am not pregnant.
- I am not under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- I do not have any medical condition which might increase the chance of me being involved in an accident resulting in injury to myself or others.
I accept the following:
- I will not intentionally damage the natural environment, particularly the trees
- It is my responsibility to pay for the car park
Special Needs Groups:
Tamar Adventures welcome groups with special needs. It is the responsibility of the Group leader to advise us of the group’s requirements at the time of booking.
Bookings & Payment:
To confirm a group booking, a completed Booking Form must be returned complete with a 25% deposit based on the initial numbers submitted on the completed Booking Form. Staff will not be charged and can take part in the activities at the Tamar Adventures’ Discretion.
Payment can be made by Bacs as detailed on invoices issued or by cheque posted to the registered office address above, made payable to Tamar Adventures Ltd or by contacting the office on 01822 833 409 and paying by debit or credit card.
Bookings are deemed to be accepted once the deposit has been received. The deposit is non-refundable.
If numbers decrease before the final payment is due, the deposit will not be refunded, however we will not charge for the balance of the cancelled spaces.
Final numbers and full payment of the balance is due 4 weeks prior to the activity date. Any cancellations after this point are non-refundable. All payments received in full 4 weeks prior to the activity date will receive a 3% discount from the original price quoted.
Bookings cannot be made without accepting these terms and conditions.
It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure they have booked the correct activity and that they arrive with sufficient time.
Cancellations by the Company:
Whilst every attempt is made to ensure that the activities are available, the company will notify the School/group of a cancellation as soon as practicable where it believes on reasonable grounds that cancellation is necessary due to dangerous and/or unsuitable conditions for the activity. Schools/group will be entitled to a full refund in the event of the company cancelling the activity, but will not be entitled to any compensation.
The company does not accept any responsibility for the loss or damage to any property belonging to School/groups whilst on site or participating in the activities.
Participants need to wear sensible enclosed footwear and appropriate clothing for the weather that day.
Packed lunches are available but must be pre-ordered. On site café can provide drinks and light snacks.
If you are organising activities for a group you must ensure all participants are aware of the booking terms and conditions, clothing details and lunch arrangements.